Sunday, September 23, 2012

Salutations Sunday with Bundle of Joy Shop

Salutations Sunday time!!! Please prepare your eyes for some eye candy cuteness from Cheryl and her Etsy shop Bundle of Joy Shop


 

A variety of hand crocheted baby items that are sure to make you go "SKWEEEEEE" from pure adorableness! Let's meet Cheryl and discover her story...


Rainbow Baby Mittens & Hat Set
What is your first creative memory?

I would first like to thank Amy for giving not only me, but other shop owners this wonderful opportunity. ~You are very welcome Cheryl...thanks for sharing your creative story with us :)

My first creative memory is one of my earliest memories. My Mother, a very creative woman, introduced crafts to my siblings and me at a very young age. Besides the family Christmas tree, my siblings and I had our own tree, which we decorated ourselves. I remember making ornaments for our tree and for gifts. Glitter. We loved to use glitter on our ornaments and on anything else we could put glitter!


What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

My oldest daughter has a shop on Etsy. From the moment she opened her shop, she told me how much fun she was having selling her items and being a part of the Etsy family. That is when I decided to sell crocheted items on Etsy.

How did you come up with your shop name?

Once I decided to focus on baby items, I wanted a baby related name. I thought about a name for weeks. For me a baby represents love and happiness, hence the name, "Bundle Of Joy Shop".


Baby Booties


Describe what creations you have in your shop

My shop sells baby items that I hand crocheted. Each crocheted item is made from premium yarn. Some of my items are: afghans, booties, diaper covers, sandals, hats and bottle covers. On a regular basis I am adding new items.

What inspires you?

I am inspiried by my family, especially my Mom. She shows me by example how having many passions in life is a wonderful way to live.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?

That depends on what I am making or my mood. Sometimes I enjoy listening to the top 40, classical rock, the blues and other times I want it quite. I enjoy watching a variety of shows when I am making something. I'll watch a movie, a news show, a comedy and of course the Green Bay Packers!

Blue Baby Hat with Ears
Please share a favorite recipe

Chiffon Dessert

1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling: 1 package (3 ozs) gelatin (My family likes lemon)
1 cup boiling water
11 ozs cream cheese (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
16 ozs whipped topping

Combine the first 3 ingredients-set aside 2 T for the topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water-cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla-mix well. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping-sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.

Where else can we find you?

As of now the only place to find me is at my Etsy shop. Being new to owning a business, I am looking into other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.