Jewelery for everyday wear or for those special occasions made with quality stones and metals such as sterling silver, vermeil, amethyst, tourmaline, etc...now let's discover Jewelicide but first Mercella has offered 10% off with coupon code: JEWEL12
|Wire Wrapped Tear Dropped Earrings|
From my recollection, around the age of 9/10, I took some safety pins and added different colored beads to them and sold them to my mother’s co-workers for $0.25 (small) and $0.50 (large). I thought it was amazing that I could make money on my creativity, and so began of my journey into creativity.
What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?
While in college, I needed to make earn some additional spending money. I thought what better way to do this, than to expand my jewelry designing business.
How did you come up with your shop name?
It was while I was in college that I actually came up with the name. I solicited input from a friend. With our creative minds we ended up with the name Jewelicide which translates, “jewelry to die for”.
Describe what creations you have in your shop
Bright, affordable, hand crafted gemstone bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
What inspires you?
Listening to music and travelling to different parts of the US and other countries such as Japan, Guam, Amsterdam, are some of my main sources of inspiration. I am also inspired by mom’s beautiful rose garden. These are some of the things that inspire the concept before I actually begin putting my thoughts in sketch or actual design.
|Fuschia & Lime Memory Wire Wrapped Bracelet|
What do you listen to or watch while creating?
I usually listen to the Radiohead, Tricky, Circa Survive and Sarah McLachlan radio stations on Pandora.
Please share a favorite recipe
I’m not much of a cook but I do love cocktails. I found a great one on Pinterest a few months ago. It shows you how to make a strawberry basil sangria.
1. Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
2. Slice and dice the apple into very small bits.
3. Score the basil leaves with a fork. I did this instead of cutting the leaves into strips as I did not want my guests choking on basil while trying to enjoy this drink. Simply just rub the basil leaves gently with a fork in order to release their flavor in the sangria.
4. Layer the fruit, sugar and basil in a large pitcher and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is just to let the sugar absorb the juices from the basil and the fruit. You'll see it turn a bit red.
5. Add the club soda first and then the remaining liquids. Stir well and serve.
|Watermelon Tourmaline & Onyx Necklace|
Kawaii and Rave Jewelry: allysin.etsy.com