It is Meet Monday...so let's all meet Lauren and her Etsy shop Tre Sun Designs
Beautiful handcrafted wearable artisan creations inspired from the past. Let's discover Lauren and her creative story.
What is your first creative memory?
What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?
A few years ago my good friend purchased a beautiful pair of earrings for me as a birthday gift. I found out she purchased them from an Etsy shop. I had never heard of Etsy up until that point and once I checked it out I knew Etsy was a community of artists I wanted to be part of. I had been creating jewelry and selling my designs at a few local boutiques and creating an Etsy shop was just another avenue in which to sell my designs.
How did you come up with your shop name?
I wanted to create a shop name that would somehow incorporate my love for my three children so that is how the name Tre Sun Designs was developed. “Tre” in Italian means 3 and in my Etsy shop banner and on my business cards I have 3 suns, each sun representing one of my sons.
Describe what creations you have in your shop
My Etsy shop offers vintage inspired, upcycled jewelry and gemstone designs. I have many different types of jewelry including earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings but all of my designs have a vintage vibe. My jewelry is made from high quality natural brass which is nickel and lead free, sterling silver or upcycled vintage metals.
What inspires you?
My inspiration for my jewelry designs comes from the beads and stones I purchase and the vintage pieces that I find. I love creating new jewelry designs from vintage finds!
What do you listen to or watch while creating?
Music is a huge part of my design process. It really motivates me and helps to get my creative juices flowing. I listen to my IPod or Sirius Radio and really enjoy Indie Rock and 80’s new wave music.
Lasagna Cupcakes. These are a great appetizer.
• 1/3 pound ground beef
• salt and pepper
• 24 wonton wrappers
• 1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese (7 oz)
• 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (7 oz)
• 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (3 oz)
• 1 cup pasta sauce
• (optional) basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
3. Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!
4. Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce.
5. Repeat layers, ending with pasta sauce. Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
7. Garnish with basil and serve.
Where else can we find you?