Please welcome Holly and her Etsy shop Holly's Homemade Goodies
Every item in her shop is hand-sewn, hand-stitched and handmade; making her creations wonderful and unique gifts. Hand stitching entire quilts is an amazing feat to me and reflects her artistic care for selling top quality and handcrafted items.
Now let's meet Holly and discover her Etsy shop Holly's Homemade Goodies!
What is the first creative memory you have?
My first creative memory would have to be making a Barbie house and furniture out of whatever I could find in my mother’s pantry. I would use soup cans as chairs, small boxed food as couches and beds, and cereal boxes as walls.
What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?
I read about an Amish girl who was banned from expressing herself artistically through paintings because it was against her religion. She started expressing her self through her quilts. I had never thought of a quilt being a piece of art until then. Since I have a passion to sew, very creative, and needed an outlet from staying at home during the day, I decided to start making baby items old-school or the Amish way…Hand-Stitched.
How did you come up with your shop name?
When my boys were little I would always refer to my expensive knickknack and what –not’s as Mom’s Goodies. These were items that were dear to me. So, when selecting my name I thought it would be appropriate to call my shop Holly’s Homemade Goodies since my quilts and such are dear to me.
Describe what creations you have in your shop.
Every item I make is hand-stitched, hand-sewn, and handmade. I offer unique baby quilts, crocheted blankets, crib blankets, and children's items for a price that won't break the bank.
What inspires you?
Everything inspires me really. I could be at the store and see a lady’s dress and 100 different ideas would pop in my head with what I could do with the colors, fabric, or texture.
What do you listen to or watch while creating?
I do all of my sewing in the Family room, usually in my recliner. I generally work in silence; however, occasionally I will turn the TV on just for background noise.
Share a favorite recipe
The Best Apple Pie
• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Where else can we find you?
Now please show Holly some love and favorite her Etsy shop and share with us which one of her items you love in a post comment...also leave your blog address so we can jump on over and follow you too!