Sunday, May 20, 2012

Salutations Sunday with Creative Designs by DiReichertsArts

Shout out your salutations for Diann and her Etsy shop Creative Designs by DiReichertsArt


Original artwork to fill your home, Diann's creations are amazing in detail and skill and would also make great gifts!

Now let's discover Diann and her Creative Designs

What is your first creative memory?

My first creative memory is drawing horses as a pre-teen. I thought they were the most glorious creatures! The long, flowing manes, the graceful movements! I breezed though art classes without having to work hard, something that I struggled to change in my professional life, in college and in my designer's job.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

I began on Etsy.com when 50% of the art galleries in Michigan closed due to the economy of the state. I thought this figure would change as things slowly improved, but this has not happened, Michigan is still 'dead in the water' and will be for a long time.

How did you come up with your shop name?

Shop name is Creative Designs, which describes what I do. DiReichertsArt is my business name. Creative ideas are what keeps me painting, inspiration is important to an artist, if nothing inspires you, if you admire nothing you cannot be creative.

Describe what creations you have in your shop

I paint in watercolors and oils. Birds have always been a favorite. A friend pointed out all the beautiful colors many years ago, he bought a bird feeder and began to name the birds and my eyes were opened. My mentor, artist Ken Freed, taught his class how to paint outdoors, how to take all the informantion and edit, focus, paint just one thing at a time. In this way others inspired me.


What inspires you?

I am inspired by light, the natural light from our sun that illuminates our planet. the artificial light that we human's have made, light that reflects and bounces back. It's awesome when eveything 'clicks' and I capture that light.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?

I listen to nothing when I am working, I try to empty my brain completely and focus on the work. I ask myself questions constantly. Is it the right color? Is that line correct? Compare with model, measure, double-check.

Please share a favorite recipe

Mango Parfait: make mango puree out of ripe mangos, sugar to taste, one tablespoon of water. Blend and puree' til smooth. Keeps one week in refrig. To make parfait:2 T. mango puree, layer 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, repeat layers and top with coconut.

Where else can we find you?

I go to art shows around West Michigan. These are held in museums and churches. I am currently exhibiting in a library, an art festival, and in a art co-op in St. Joseph, Michigan.

Twitter

Now please visit her Etsy shop to see all of her wonderful and beautiful creations...I had a hard time just picking a few for her feature!

4 comments:

  1. ....How many lovely paintings and watercolors! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature, well done and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Diann...thank you for sharing your shop and creations with us.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.