Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tribute Tuesday with Diningout

Holler out your tributes for Marie and her Etsy shop Diningout


A shop filled with wonderful machine embroidered creations...perfect gifts from house warming to the arrival of a new baby.
Simple designs that appeal to everyone of any decor.

Now let's discover Marie and Diningout

What is the first creative memory you have?

When I was 12 years old my mother started teaching me how to sew. I loved it and my very first project was an apron.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

Since retiring from teaching after 38 years I was looking for things to do, my very creative daughter who also sells on Etsy encouraged me to open up my own little shop. I was sewing for everyone and anyone and never charging a penny so I decided it was time to do so.

How did you come up with your shop name?

Really, I was just looking for a few extra dollars to go out for dinner with my husband, hence the name "diningout".


Describe what creations you have in your shop?

I love to create fresh, young and modern things. I started out with embroidery items, pillows, table runners, home decor items. I even digitize my own embroidery designs. After taking a year off due to illness, I came back even stronger and added quilting to my shop......personalize baby quilts which I love to do. All of my designs are created and sewn my me. I quilt all of my quilts in a special frame which attaches to my sewing machine.


My specialty is custom orders. If you check out what I have sold, you will see that I have completed many custom orders. Anything in my shop can be embroidered. All of my designs can be completed on any colour of fabric. So it you see an item that you like but it is not in your colour, all you have to do is convo me with your choices and desires.

I have shipped all over the world...Australia, Saudi Arabia. Really I ship anywhere.

What insprires you?

Modern, contemporary fabrics motivated me. I love that fresh clean look, that classic, simple look. Also my daughters motivated me. They are always encouraging and inspiring me on to new projects.


What do you listen to or watch while creating?

I enjoy silence during the creative process. Concentrating on the immediate project is most important to me.

Please share a favorite recipe

Really! This makes me laugh. I never have time to cook because I am always sewing. My husband does all of the cooking in my house these days. But when I do, I love to make french fries in the oven. Just cut up potatoes with their skins on. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and bake on a oiled cooking sheet for 30 minutes in a 450 degree oven.
Simple and yummy!

Where else can we find you?

I only sell on etsy. It full-fills all my needs and is enough for me. After all, this process is not about money for me, it's all about having fun. I am so blessed in my life, I have a wonderful husband and family and to top it off, I have Etsy. I am one luck women. Who could ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.