Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tribute Tuesday with Sissy's Place

Shout out your tributes for Hannah and her Etsy shop Sissy's Place


A shop filled with handmade lovelies that are a little shabby chic with a vintage look...perfect gifts! PLUS sales from her shop help support Hannah's true passion for animals.

Now let's discover Sissy's Place

What is the first creative memory you have?

Besides early creations with Playdoh, I would have to say macramé in the 70’s. I made plant hangers using those ginormous colored wood beads, large wall hangings and friendship bracelets. The largest project I ever made was a wall hanging of a large lion’s head. It was an incredible amount of work and, honestly, I wish I had saved it.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

I had never heard of Etsy until a local antique store owner mentioned it. I loved the idea of a ‘handmade’ market place and decided to open a shop to help support my animal rescue efforts. All proceeds from my shop help toward the costs of spaying and neutering homeless animals.


How did you come up with your shop name?

That was easy. Sissy is the nickname of one of my beloved cats that lost her battle with cancer a number of years ago. She was an amazing friend with an incredible uniqueness. Seldom a day goes by that I don’t wish I had one more day with her, so I named my shop Sissy’s Place in honor of my little girl.

Describe what creations you have in your shop?

Handmade greeting cards with a shabby, vintage style and hand painted home décor.


What inspires you?

I guess I’d have to say I’m inspired by color and patterns. Typically when I paper craft, I’ll thumb through all my paper and pull out those patterns and colors that click with me that moment. Then I began pulling other elements of the project together.

For painted projects, I would have to say primarily color. I prefer a homespun style versus primary color projects.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?

Zip, nadda, nothing! There is so much noise everywhere these days that I love the quiet when I’m in my studio.

Please share a favorite recipe

Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup

1 T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, mined
4-6 C chicken broth or vegetable broth (typically use 6 cups)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (9oz) pkg fresh tortellini
salt & pepper
10 oz fresh or frozen chopped spinach
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese, optional

1. In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent.
3. Add broth, tomatoes and spinach (if using frozen).
4. Stir to break spinach apart. Then turn heat up to bring to a boil.
5. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. If using fresh spinach, add when tortellini is almost done. (I cover the pot at this step. It keeps the broth from steaming away.)
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve immediately.
8. Garnish with parmesan if desired.

This recipe is from Food.com. I’ve modified slightly for ease.

Where else can we find you?

Blog

Now please go check out all of her chic paper creations in her Etsy shop and come back and tell us which item(s) you LOVE! I think this set of treat pocket/gift card holders are rather cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.