Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meet Monday (ON THURSDAY) with Bella Bambini Decor

I know it's Thursday...but here is a Meet Monday with Noelle and her Etsy shop Bella Bambini Decor




Stylish, Classy & Trendy Hand Painted Canvas Art for Nurseries & Bedrooms

Receive 10% off with the purchase of 3 or more initial letter canvases. Shipping not included.

Paisley Splash Letter Initial Painted Canvases
What is the first creative memory you have?


My first creative memory is when I was around 8 years old. I would play Barbies with my sister and the only part I was concerned about was what outfits I would dress them in. I loved putting together different looks with all of the accessories, styling their hair, picking out shoes..also, around 12 years old when I learned to sew, I would sew clothes for my dolls (since they seemed to be a more manageable size than anything that would fit myself!) using scraps of different materials cut from old shirts, random buttons, a bit of lace trim, etc. I loved taking stuff that I already had and repurposing.


What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?


I began my shop on Etsy after I had my daughter, Isabella (and whom my shop is named after). While putting together her nursery, I wanted some unique additions, but personal ones too, so I painted a bunch of canvases and a mural. I wanted to paint more once she was here but didn't need anything else around my house so I thought maybe other people would like me to paint something for them! It really is a hobby for me and a way for me to enjoy my down time from home now that I am a stay at home mom.


How did you come up with your shop name?


I came up with the name Bella Bambini Decor because first of all, Bella (beautiful) came from my daughter's name Isabella. Bambini means children in Italian. I am first generation Italian. My husband and I did not find out the gender when I was pregnant with Isabella so we referred to the baby as "bambine," which is gender neutral for baby. I added decor on there after figuring a way to combine these ideas and voila-there you go!


Pink & Green Bird Painted Canvases


Describe what creations you have in your shop


Everything is custom made, all handpainted canvas paintings for the home. Most of them so far are for baby nurseries...I only paint something when an order comes in because I want to give the customer the chance to personalize everything-down to the colors, font, patterns, size of canvas, etc. Often, customers will send me pictures of beddings or things they like and we can work from there. How many times have you been in a store and wished they had your child's initial, name or the color you are looking for? Now I can give people a chance to custom create their own artwork!

What insprires you?

I am inspired by everything around me. Things I see in magazines, on design shows, Pinterest, Etsy, catalogs, just random ideas that come in my head...my wheels are always turning as to how I can incorporate a fun unique style into my own home decor.


Yellow & Gray Patterned Monogrammed Painted Canvases
What do you listen to or watch while creating?


Nothing really at the moment! I paint when my daughter is napping. She is only 22 months and I am 5.5 months pregnant so downtime is limited. I have to wait until nap times or bedtime to paint so I keep the house relatively quiet during these times.



Please share a favorite recipe


I love to cook especially being raised by an Italian mother who made home cooked meals each night. Now I do the same for my family. Here is a recipe I found recently online and have already made more than a few times and it is delish and relatively easy! Perfect for summer!

Servings: 4 people
Ingredients:
Roasted Vegetables:
4 roma tomatoes halved
1 tbsp fresh thyme (1 tsp dry thyme)
1 tbsp sugar
1 onion cut into 8 intact wedges
2 bulbs of garlic with tops cut off
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Crust:
pizza dough-I buy from grocery store and shape it myself

Remaining Pizza Toppings:
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella (bocconcini)cut into 1/4 inch slices or 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
balsamic glaze (reduced balsamic vinegar)
2 tbsp roasted pine nuts (optional)
1 cup arugula

Preparation
Roasting Vegetables:
Preheat oven to 300 F. Scoop out flesh and seeds of tomatoes and place tomatoes skin side down on baking sheet. Sprinkle tomatoes with thyme and sugar. Place onion wedges (narrow side up) and garlic bulbs on sheet with tomatoes. Sprinke onions and garlic with a generous pinch of salt. Sprinkle olive oil over tomatoes, onion and garlic. Place in oven and roast for 1 hour. Take out of the oven and let the vegetables cool. Once cooled, squeeze out the roasted garlic gloves into small bowl. Slice onion in half lengthwise and separate the wedges. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. (Roasted vegetables will keep in sealed container for 2 or 3 days)

Assembling Pizza:
Preheat Oven to 450 F
Roll out pizza dough until 1/4 inch thick. Place rolled out dough on the pan. Spread garlic and onion slices over pizza . Cover with slices of mozzeralla (so onion and garlic won't burn). Place tomatoes on top of cheese. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden. Take pizza out of the oven and sprinkle parmesan over hot pizza. Sprinkle pine nuts and arugula over pizza. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Slice and enjoy!

www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/CAPRESE-PIZZA-ROASTED-TOMATO-MOZ...


Where else can we find you?

 
At the time, I just have my Etsy shop-BellaBambiniDecor!
www.etsy.com/shop/BellaBambiniDecor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.