Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome Wednesday with S. Auman Smith

It's Welcome Wednesday...so please help me welcome Sara and her Etsy shop S. Auman Smith




What is the first creative memory you have?

Iv'e always wanted a Trapper Keeper and my parents would never buy one for me. I had to make my own out of cardboard, paper and masking tape. I think it had a hippo or something drawn on the front in crayon.

Mini Monster Duo - You Pick the Color and Size
What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

When I first heard of Etsy I instantly knew I wanted to sell here. There are so many possibilities because of access to an entire world of people. I first tried selling jewelry- none sold. After a few years I started making purses. I was really getting into it and started getting hearts and favorites, but once again... none sold. And I figured they were much more work than it was worth. Now I make animals and I love it. 

How did you come up with your shop name?

It's my name. I'm not very creative at coming up with names. My husband was given the wonderful gift of coming up with nicknames on a dime but it is A LOT of work for me to come up with something I can feel good about.

Describe what creations you have in your shop


My shop is filled with colorful felt animals and monsters. All made by me, all hand embroidered. I started making some cat brooches too.

Stuffed Whale Fish


What insprires you?


My two boys and my super funny husband inspire me at the moment. They are funny and come up with all sorts of crazy ideas and sometimes that triggers an idea.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?


If I'm not listening to the radio, which is usually just backround noise, it's my two boys wrestling, yelling or screaming. When I embroider, I love watching all the great auction shows like Storage Wars and American Pickers. Mike Wolfe is super hot- I could watch him all day.


Yellow Cat Stuffed Toy
Please share a favorite recipe


Grilled cheese with pickles and thousand island dressing.
It's easy- you can make it any way you want.

Where else can we find you?

Right now I have a few pieces in a local coffee shop and in a really great old antique store/ flea market type place.

You can also find me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/#!/SAumanSmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.