Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tribute Tuesday with Chikk Vintage

Let's all help welcome Sandra and her Etsy shop Chikk Vintage




Have fun treasure hunting through Sandra's vintage shop AND enjoy a sale!!! 20% OFF SUMMER SALE is going on right now over at Chikk Vintage!

Vintage Multicolored Crochet Doily


What is the first creative memory you have?

 I remember sitting by my grandmother's sewing machine while she worked on her quilts and she'd give me these little pieces of very colorful fabric to put together with needle and thread. I was only four and don't remember anything ever coming out of that but in my mind they were wonderful creations.


What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

My love for all things from other eras and my yearn to create daily.

How did you come up with your shop name?

I used a web site that suggests hundreds of names for businesses. I did give them a few keywords and picked my shop's name from the different combinations that they gave me. That was a lot of fun.


Vintage Handpainted Dutch Clogs


Describe what creations you have in your shop

I sell wonderful vintage creations that were made at a time when we were a lot more relaxed and actually did take the time to stop and create something. I deeply admire these works of art that came out of the hands of women of a lost era. And, of course, I consider my entire shop my creation since a lot of care and attention goes into photographing those items and putting the whole thing together in a creative way that pleases the eye.

What insprires you?

Definitely thrifty stores. Whenever I'm going through a dry creative spell, I head off to the nearest thrifty store and as soon as I arrive, magic begins. All the different colors, shapes, creations, textures, etc. get my creative juices running again. I'm a happy kid when I'm in a thrifty store.

Vintage Williamsburg Collectors' Dish Towel
What do you listen to or watch while creating?

I listen to music on Pandora all the time. Anything to Lady Gaga to Mozart, Jazz and meditation music, depending on my mood.

 Please share a favorite recipe

I have many favorite recipes but lately I've been trying to curb my appetite so I haven't made any in a long time. I usually go to www.cooks.com or www.epicurious.com for recipes.



Where else can we find you?

Here is a link to my shop: www.etsy.com/shop/ChikkVintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.