Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tribute Tuesday with Pretty Charmed

Let's all shout a big "HOWDY" for todays Tribute Tuesday with Cheryl from Pretty Charmed!




A shop filled with all of your creative supplies for scrapbooking or making jewelry! Let's discover Cheryl's story...

Glass heart shaped pendant tiles
What is the first creative memory you have?

My first creative memory is creating a beaded keychain when I was 4 years old. It was a blast and I kept that keychain for years!

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

I started out as a jewelry designer and found myself spending countless hours trying to track down quality products at reasonable prices. I finally decided to open my supplies shop, Pretty Charmed, so that I could pass along those same great products! I love the items I sell and stand behind them 100 percent.

How did you come up with your shop name?

The name Pretty Charmed really just came to me late one night and it stuck!

Describe what creations you have in your shop

Pretty Charmed carries all of the supplies that you need to create pendants or magnets with your own photos or images. It is so much fun that it is borderline addictive!

What insprires you?

I am inspired by beautiful images, ephemera, and vintage items. I find beauty and inspiration in things that are old, rusty and weathered. I enjoy mixing old with new.


Shiny silver plated ball chains


What do you listen to or watch while creating?

I have an old radio in my workshop that had belonged to my mother who passed away about 10 years ago. I turn on that old radio and somehow feel like she is there with me.

1 inch square blank pendant trays
Please share a favorite recipe

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Ingredients
• 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed and quartered
• 5 tablespoons sugar
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
• Whipped Cream, recipe follows
Directions
Mix strawberries with 3 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined. Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Remove shortcake from pan and place on a rack to cool slightly. Cut into 6 pieces and split each piece in half horizontally.
Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then the shortcake top. Spoon more strawberries over the top and serve.
Whipped Cream:
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest until soft peaks form, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.

Where else can we find you?

Facebook: www.facebook.com/PrettyCharmed?ref=hl
Pinterest: pinterest.com/prettycharmed/

Small teardropped shaped copper pendant bails

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.