Monday, June 4, 2012

Meet Monday with Clever Fig Studios

Let's meet Lana and her Etsy shop Clever Fig Studios



Original paintings and drawings that will bring a blend of color and style into your world!

Now let's discover Lana and her creations in her Etsy shop, Clever Fig Studios

What is the first creative memory you have?

I remember sitting in the plastic playhouse writing and illustrating my first book. It was about the world and how big it was, I used my Crayola markers and some computer paper from the office. I even laminated all the pages and stapled them together. To me, that little book was truly a work of art. I remember extremely proud and showing it off to everyone I could. I think that was the first moment realized how extremely rewarding creating was to me.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

I heard about Etsy from a girlfriend of mine who makes and sells beautiful journals there. When I checked it out for myself I was amazed by all the handmade items that were out there. There is something about handmade that really makes me smile so I decided to bring my art to Etsy.



How did you come up with your shop name?

It may sound funny but I came up with my shop name by using a random band name generator. Clever Fig was one of the combinations that it came up with and I couldn't pass it up. Well, I guess I could have chosen Viking Nosebleed... but I just didn't think that had the right vibe for what I was selling.


Describe what creations you have in your shop

My creations are original paintings in both watercolor and acrylic. I have larger pieces that would look really lovely framed. I have teeny tiny framed paintings that are really quite adorable and I have itsy bitsy original paintings that you can wear around your neck, those are my art pendant necklaces. My art has a bit of whimsy and a lot of personality, I paint people and nature primarily but I do love abstract as well. I am also working on branching out by selling prints of my work both new and old so I'm very excited about that!

What insprires you?

I am inspired by nature. I am amazed and intrigued by the world around me. In nature, everything has a purpose. In nature, even the smallest creature has a job to do. I really like to ponder the world around me and I think my work has a quiet calmness to it because of that. Some of my best memories were made in the quiet of nature with my sketch pad and paints, just observing.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?

I really like to listen to calm, soothing music. Even now I'm listening to an amazing piano solo. Music relaxes me and helps me to reach my creative place that it's sometimes hard to get to when I'm distracted by life.

Please share a favorite recipe

Okay I love bread. I'll tell you right now. Me and bread are really great friends. This recipe for banana bread is so easy and so delicious. I know you'll love it!

Amazing Banana Bread
1 C. Mashed Banana
2 C. Flour
1 1/3 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 C. Margarine, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Walnuts or Chocolate chips (optional)
*mix all ingredients together until smooth, scoop into two lightly greased bread pans. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
Enjoy!



Where else can we find you?

Facebook
Twitter

Please go check out all of Lana's beautiful, original artwork in her Etsy shop and come back and tell us what your favorite piece(s) are :)

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.

Labels