Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Wednesday with Loopy Bird's Boutique

Please welcome Louisa and her Etsy shop Loopy Bird's Boutique




Based in London, Loopy Bird's Boutique's aim is to create bright, fun and unique handmade accessories at an affordable price, guaranteed to put a smile on your little one’s face.

Now let's discover Louisa and her creations

What is the first creative memory you have?

Watching films and cross stitching with my mum when I was a little girl.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

My biggest inspiration has to be my mum, she’s always supporting me and keeps me going, she suggested I started to sell my work back in 2009 then I came across Etsy and that’s where it began!

How did you come up with your shop name?

At the time I set up my shop, I had another hobby – bird watching and obsessing over my new SLR camera, I used to go and take hundreds of photos of birds at nature reserves, which is where the ‘bird’ came from and the ‘loopy’ refers to the loops made by the stitches when I am sewing, crocheting and knitting.  Also the Loopy part of my name describes my personality - forgot to mention that!

Describe what creations you have in your shop

I sell handmade hair accessories using bright and colourful fabrics and buttons, I also crochet flower headbands and brooches. But in the future you may see something very different from me!



What inspires you?

Anything bright and colourful, I have taken to using Pinterest for inspiration.

What do you listen to or watch while creating?

Harry Potter! They put me in the zone, and once I start, I cannot stop!

Please share a favorite recipe

It involves a good Yorkshire Tea Bag, 1 teaspoon of sugar, some boiling water and a little semi-skimmed milk! Yes, a good cuppa! - My all time favourite recipe!




Where else can we find you?

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Blog
Ravelery






Now please go show Loopy Bird's Boutique some love and come back and tell us what your favorite item(s) are!

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.

Labels