Monday, June 25, 2012

Meet Monday with Royal Regards

Please meet Sara and her Etsy shop Royal Regards



Handmade with love, Sara provides handmade cards for a birthday, anniversary, graduation, wedding, new baby or set of blank cards.

Now let's discover Royal Regards

What is your first creative memory?

The first creative memory I have is of coloring all the outfits in character coloring books as a young child. It drove my Mom crazy that I would only color the clothes and nothing else in the pictures. I have always loved fashion!

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

 A friend of mine introduced me to Etsy a few years ago and I thought it was such a neat place to shop. I have only been making cards for a couple years but I knew as soon as I fell in love with the craft that I eventually wanted to open up my own Etsy shop.

How did you come up with your shop name?

I wanted something catchy for my shop name and I knew I wanted "Regards" in there somewhere because I sell cards. My husband suggested Regal Regards but there is already a business with that name. Finally, I thought of Royal Regards and it was perfect. I love crowns because Sara means princess so marketing with crown images really appealed to me.





Describe the items in your shop

I have many different types of cards in my shop from all the different holidays, to birthdays, weddings, thank you cards, etc. I also make place cards for weddings and baby showers and really enjoy making those and coordinating thank you cards. It makes me happy to make something that is going to be used on someone's big day. My favorite cards to make are embossed cards. I love the different textures and think they are very elegant looking.


What inspires you?

I draw inspiration from many things. I love color, especially pastels. All 4 seasons here in Michigan inspire me as well and I absolutely love the beach! I have some starfish decor in my card studio to draw inspiration from on a daily basis.




What do you watch or listen to while you are creating?

I usually listen to a mixture of music from iTunes playlists when I create. I love a little bit of everything from country and classic rock to rap. I also often watch t.v. shows or movies on my iPad while i'm working in my studio. I love watching shows like Felicity, Dawson's Creek, Melrose Place, The Wonder Years, etc. that I watched when I was younger. 

Please share a favorite recipe

One of our favorite recipes this summer is for homemade pico de gallo.

-Dice 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
-Dice 1/2 red onion
-Dice 1/4 cup cilantro
-Dice 1 ripe avocado
-Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix everything together really well.
We eat this on tacos, fajitas, quesadillas and nachos. It's a really fresh and tasty recipe!



Where else can we find you?

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Wanelo

Now please go Sara some love and visit her Etsy shop Royal Regards and come back and tell us your favorite handmade card!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.

Labels