Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tribute Tuesday with Nola Bead Art

Please shout out your tributes for Katie and her Etsy shop Nola Bead Art



Expressing the spirit of Mardi Gras through mosaics, art and household items, Katie offers unique home decor items.

Now let's discover Nola Bead Art



What is the first creative memory you have?

The first creative memory I have is sitting in art class in second grade and the teacher telling me that I couldn't use an eraser. For some reason that stuck with me. I will have to say though, I do use an eraser. I'm too much of a perfectionist not to.

What or whom began your creative journey on Etsy?

Sitting in my apartment after the last Mardi Gras parade, I was staring at the massive pile of beads that was in the middle of my living room. Being a crafter at heart, I grabbed a piece of cardboard and started gluing. I didn't really know what I was making, I just glued until I liked it. It became and still is one of my favorite pieces. I literally glued myself to this medium of art.

How did you come up with your shop name?

I wanted something simple. NOLA is a common nickname for New Orleans and bead art is what I do. It doesn't limit me to what kind of bead art, just that beads are involved.



Describe what creations you have in your shop

I recycle Mardi Gras beads and make them into art and household items.


What inspires you?

New Orleans inspires me, how could it not. It has a pulse and a history. Its dirty, its grimy and it is beautiful.

What do you watch or listen to while creating?

Sadly, I watch reality TV and the news while beading. I don't have to actually watch those programs to know what's going on. I can listen and be entertained.

Now off you go to discover more goodies from Nola Bead Art! Please come back and tell us what is your favorite creation.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing art! These must take such a long time to do, but it looks great! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out Nola Bead Art We Are Bound Together...I love that she is using something so simple(mardi gras beads) and turning them into beautiful masterpieces!!!

      Delete
  2. Great concept, recycled beads turned into art. Much better than ending up in a land field or hanging from the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concept! Thanks for discovering Nola Bead Art!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the sweet comments. As time consuming as the pieces are, it is my way of de-stressing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, your "howdy's" and "hello's"...thank you for following and I appreciate your comments.

Labels